HMG Creative, an Austin-based digital agency, is looking for a Social Media/Marketing intern to join our talented and hardworking team this spring and summer! This is a great opportunity for you to gain direct hands-on experience in social media, digital marketing, and communications while developing an understanding of work life and culture within an agency setting. Our goal is to provide an invaluable on-the-job experience that will benefit our interns’ future career. We promote creativity and value self-starters, eagerly seeking to provide opportunities that give you professional experience.
The ideal candidate is a social networking expert who actively engages on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and other social media channels. You should have a passion for exploring social networking platforms professionally and have an established brand and social presence for your personal networks. Our ideal candidate will have experience in managing online communities, excellent writing skills, and an interest in marketing.
If you want to hone your writing skills, get agency experience, and gain exposure to the various aspects of digital marketing, this position may be for you!
- Monitor and create regular content for the agency’s Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram accounts
- Write and distribute industry-relevant blog posts to attract social media followers to the brand
- Construct project write-ups for recently completed projects
- Manage online profiles, reward submissions, and incoming requests for partnerships on blog
- Compose and send company newsletters via eConnect email
- Brainstorm and implement general marketing tactics for the company
- Represent and promote the company with professionalism at local networking events
- Provide additional support to Marketing Manager with projects and daily responsibilities
- Demonstrates creativity and immersion in social media best practices
- Must have exceptional traditional writing and grammatical skills and a flair for using “social networking speak” and online jargon
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to present ideas and information clearly
- Extreme attention to detail and outstanding organization skills
- Diligent work ethic and insatiable desire to expand skills and be the best
- Excellent customer service skills (friendly, courteous and helpful)
- Work experience or training in advertising, PR, online marketing, or similar field
Preferred, but not required:
- Experience working with WordPress for blog content
- Basic knowledge of graphic design using Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Canva, or others
- Understanding of SEO best practices
- Experience managing paid media (Facebook and Instagram)
The team here at HMG strives to provide our interns with a valuable, learning experience. To help ensure this, only applicants who can commit to working through the spring semester will be considered. Working through the spring semester and throughout the summer is ideal.
- Flexible hours ranging from 15-20 hours a week