This role requires a blend of skills and responsibilities, including mastery of visual design systems, working knowledge of strategy and UX design, and excellent communication and presentation skills.
As HMG’s Visual Designer, your daily responsibilities would include:
- Lead web and print projects for our clients from strategy through visual design.
- Participate in brand strategy and evaluation activities during discovery.
- Work closely with our creative director and collaborate with internal team members including a brand strategist, marketing manager, creative services manager, and other designers/developers.
- Create visual design concepts in accordance with the established brand identity for core sections of the site, focusing on typography, color palettes, layouts, grid systems, and imagery.
- Establish web strategy by clearly defining challenges, goals, use cases, technical requirements, site architecture, and content hierarchy.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to come with solid experience in:
- Visual Design (5+ years)
- Adobe Creative Suite (XD, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, and Photoshop)
Nice to have:
- CMS experience (WordPress).
We’re looking for a person who embodies these characteristics:
- Expert knowledge of graphic design principles with a strong emphasis on web standards; up-to-date on industry trends.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to deliver and receive constructive criticism.
- Responsible; maintains efficient time-management and prioritization across multiple projects.
- Inclination for excellent customer service with the desire to build relationships and establish rapport with clients.
- Strong desire to develop engaging digital and print content and experiences.
- Creative, innovative, enthusiastic and knowledgeable about design.
- Willingness to work collaboratively with a team, ability to be both fun and professional
Some perks of joining our team:
This is a full-time position and offers competitive compensation based on experience. The team here at HMG Creative is constantly evolving, and we strive to build a culture that supports our growing, innovative environment.
- Salary + Profit Sharing
- Simple IRA Retirement Plan
- Medical Coverage
- Office Happy Hours
- The Obligatory Ping Pong and Foosball Table
- South Central Location – 2307 Thornton Rd. Ste. 105-1
For immediate consideration please submit a cover letter, project samples and resume using the form below.