HMG Creative, an Austin-based digital marketing agency, is looking for a talented senior-level WordPress developer that can serve as the back-end developer for all of our projects. If you can apply creative problem-solving with coding to help brands reach their website goals in an intuitive way, we want to talk to you!
This role requires a blend of skills and responsibilities, including mastery of back-end development technologies, deep understanding of WordPress, excellent communication, and familiarity with front-end technologies.
As HMG’s WordPress Developer, your daily responsibilities would include:
- Serve as the back-end developer for projects.
- Help maintain and improve existing sites.
- Work closely with our creative director and collaborate with internal team members including a brand strategist, marketing manager, creative services manager, and other designers/developers.
- Participate in helping scope potential projects.
- Help debug and troubleshoot challenging issues from our support ticket system.
- Working directly with clients to convert ideas and designs into technical specifications with novel implementations.
- Coding new WordPress themes and plugins from scratch and modifying existing themes and plugins.
- Creating responsive layouts in HTML5 and the Bootstrap CSS framework
- Performing SEO optimizations and implementing website statistic tracking and analytics
- Coordinating team development projects and delegating tasks to subordinates
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to come with solid experience in:
- 5+ years of proven professional web development experience.
- Expert-level knowledge of PHP and MySQL.
- Knowledge of best practices for web performance, accessibility, and usability.
- Experience with frameworks like WordPress, Magento, and Laravel 4.
- Excellent communication, reading, and writing skills.
- High self QA standards, ability to craft code that is not only functional but also clean and maintainable.
We’re looking for a person who embodies these characteristics:
- Expert knowledge of back-end technologies with a strong emphasis on WordPress; up-to-date on industry trends.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to deliver and receive constructive criticism.
- Responsible; maintains efficient time-management and prioritization across multiple projects.
- Creative, innovative, enthusiastic and knowledgeable about code.
- Willingness to work collaboratively with a team, ability to be both fun and professional.
Some perks of joining our team:
This is a full-time position and offers competitive compensation based on experience. The team here at HMG Creative is constantly evolving, and we strive to build a culture that supports our growing, innovative environment.
- Salary + Profit Sharing
- Simple IRA Retirement Plan
- Medical Coverage
- Office Happy Hours
- The Obligatory Ping Pong and Foosball Table
- South Central Location – 2307 Thornton Rd. Ste. 105-1
For immediate consideration please submit a cover letter, project samples and resume using the form below.