Oculus Go: Our First Jump Into Virtual Reality

You jump into another dimension where it is possible to be another person, from another place, with a different personality, voice, opinion and being; where you are able to reach someone else from across the world in a simple press of a button; where nothing around you is what you could really see. Right next to you, two people speak to one another in a conjoined space and time. Although the two interactions are both happening in the real world, one is facilitated by technology and the other is not. Virtual reality, the new trend sweeping the scene, seems to blur these lines by merging the physical world and the digital world.

Continue…

Celebrating 15 Years: The History of HMG Creative

HMG Creative is proud to celebrate fifteen years of delivering its award-winning marketing services!

As we embark on this milestone, we thought we’d share a little more information about our background so you can get to know us better.

Continue…

Out With The Old & In With The New: An Intern’s Farewell

As this chapter comes to a close and I move into my senior year at The University of Texas, I have come to appreciate so many of the valuable lessons I’ve learned along the way. Professionally, I have gained numerous skills and knowledge in the marketing and communications sphere. Personally, I have been pushed to challenge my boundaries and turn opportunities into accomplishments.

Continue…

International Women’s Day: 5 Inspiring Female-Founded Brands

Today is #InternationalWomensDay, a day dedicated to celebrating the social, economic, cultural and political achievement of women. In honor of this, we have compiled a list of inspiring, female-built brands that are changing the game. We recommend having Destiny’s Child or Rihanna playing in the background as you read.

Continue…

Popular Instagram Spots in Austin

In town for SXSW? Planning a visit soon? Or just an Austin native looking for some weekend inspiration? You’ve come to the right place, as here we’ve rounded up a mix of some of the most popular Instagram Spots in Austin.

Continue…

Home is Where Amazon’s Heart Is: Is the Lone Star State the One?

Amazon. The company making big headlines last August when it officially acquired Whole Foods and made many customers question, what isn’t influenced by this all-encompassing tech and commerce business? Ranging from the invention of the Echo and Alexa to selling groceries in a cashier-less brick and mortar store coined Amazon Go, the future of our everyday experiences may sit in the hands of this company. Headquartered in Seattle, Washington with over 40,000 employees, Amazon is the largest employer in the city providing its economy with immeasurable value and its environment with multiple treasured amenities. So, what’s the next step for this booming business? Growth has brought CEO Jeff Bezos and the team to search for a second headquarters location amongst some of the most alluring spots in the US.

Continue…

The #DeleteFacebook Movement: Why Social Is So Much More Than A Network

It seems as though every day, there is a new headline about fake news, information security, and data breaches, but could we ever have imagined one of our most widely used social sites to be in the center of it all? This past month, Facebook has encountered some of its own roadblocks with these popular issues. But to fully understand why #DeleteFacebook is now one of the most trending topics, we must first unpack the purpose and influence of the company itself.

Continue…

Taking A Stand As A Brand: The Corporate Role In The Social World

Feeling like the corporate world is becoming the political world? Every action we take and every move we make may be judged as a reflection of our beliefs and values. Day to day, we are contemplating the balance between our desire for better practices and policies for the good of society and our habits of mass consumerism. Is there a way to achieve a complementary system where companies serve as soapboxes for social change and buyers are not forced into a structure of commerce based on ethics?

Continue…

Mother’s Day in Austin: What To Do and Where To Go

Mother’s Day is right around the corner and we’re here to show you the most fun and entertaining events Austin has to offer! Whether you’re looking for a relaxing experience to pamper mom with or have decided to give her an opportunity to let loose this weekend, HMG has the line up for you. Pop open the prosecco and enjoy!

Continue…

It’s Not What You Know, It’s Who You Know: Tips For Networking

Networking is one of the most effective and least expensive methods you can use to build new relationships and grow your business. It is a skill that anyone can master, it just requires some practice.

We scoured the world wide web to curate 8 of the most simple yet effective networking tips:

Continue…